Tag: Corrections

What You Need To Know About W-2 C’s

A W-2c form is an IRS tax document used to correct or amend a W-2. It is also called a Corrected Wage and Tax Statements Form. A W-2 needs to be amended with a W-2c when an error is made when reporting employee income. Typical errors found on W-2s include incorrect names, amounts, or Social Security numbers. A W-2c can be used to correct forms that were given to employees and were filed with the Social Security Administration.