Search Our Knowledgebase (Windows; U.S.)
If you have employees with foreign addresses, you can print or eFile their W-2s using the W-2 Preparer. The only difference is that you must indicate the foreign address information in different columns in the Preparer.
Follow these steps:
- Enter the W-2 Preparer from the Forms Selection screen. Select the W-2 form listed and select to process the report.
Note: Please note the process option may vary depending on your payroll software.
- Complete the Company Setup.
- Continue to the W-2 Preparer.
- Your foreign employees will be automatically detected and populate into the Preparer.
- The following rules apply when entering foreign addresses for applicable employees:
- If data is listed in the foreign address fields, you cannot have a US address (except address line 1 and 2).
- Country must be two characters.
- Foreign state/province cannot be blank if other data is entered.
- Foreign postal code cannot be blank if other data is entered.
- Foreign country cannot be blank if other data is entered.
- Foreign Address Street address line 1 cannot be blank if foreign address data is entered.
- When you have entered the employee's foreign address, the W-2 Preparer should look similar to this:
- You may then continue through the W-2 Preparer. The W-2 forms for the employees will appear with the correct address information.