Search Our Knowledgebase (Windows; U.S.)
There are 2 ways to recover or look-up a password: Through the Preparer or the eFile Center Website
A. Through the Preparer:
- To start the eW-2/e1099 process, access the History or existing forms in the payroll software. Once the History is open, select the W-2/W-3 or 1099 Record copy of the filing. Select the report, and then click Edit. The next screen is called the Dashboard.
- Click on the radio button beside eW-2/e1099 Password Lookup located on the Dashboard.
- The Password Lookup Tool will display. Here you can search for specific employees or select the checkbox to display all employees.
The list will have the employee's social security number, last name, first name, email address (if previously entered when processing the W2s), and the eW-2/e1099 password.
- You can either:
- (1) Print individual lists of the employees' passwords, or;
- (2) Send the employees' an email by adding their email address to the tool.
- Select the checkbox by their name under the notification column and click the Send Email button to send the email.
B. Through the eFile Center Website:
- Log on to https://efile.aatrix.com and go to the Year-End Manager Tab.
- Follow the screens to select a Company, Filing, and Filing Year.
- You will now see a list of the employees/recipients.
- Select the employee/recipient you wish to look up the password for.
- Verify their SSN/ITIN.
Now you will be able to view their eW-2/e1099 password.