Search Our Knowledgebase (Windows; U.S.)
Combining W-2 and 1095
The option to combine the W-2 filing with the ACA filing is only available with the Complete W-2 Service.
- W-2 Process
- The option to combine the filings is located in the eFile Session.
- Once logged into the eFile session, you will see the Affordable Care Act Information screen
- Here you will choose Yes to combine the W-2 and ACA forms.
When choosing the W-2 submission dates, select a future date allowing enough time to submit the complete ACA filing. The ACA filing must be submitted a minimum of 3 business days prior to the date selected for the employe W2 copies.
If the W-2 employee copies are processed by the time you submit the ACA filing, you will not qualify for the 50% discount.
Once the Complete W-2 Service is submitted, you can then file the ACA forms using the Complete service.
- ACA Process
- To confirm that you are able to combine the returns, there will be an additional screen during the eFile Session to confirm the combining of the returns.
- On the Combine ACA with W-2 screen, select Combine ACA with W-2 (50% off) option.
When choosing the ACA submission date for the employees, the date chosen will also update the date of the employee W-2 submission. This date will be the date that the employee W-2s and 1095s are going to be mailed.