Search Our Knowledgebase (Mac)
Question: If I print my own and an employee needed a copy of their W-2, can I reprint it?
Answer: If you printed your own W-2's and you need to reprint a W-2 for an employee, you will first need to open the Form Viewer and follow the instructions below:
- In your payroll program, go to the Reports Plus section and select any report under the "Print & Mail" tab, then click "Preview Report".
- Once the report displays on the screen, go to the "File" menu and select "Close Window".
- Go back to the "File" menu and this time, select "Previous Reports".
- From the list, select the desired W-2 Filing.
- Hint: They would have been processed in January for the prior year. For example, the 2013 W-2 would have been processed sometime in January 2014. Click Edit.
- Review all pages of W-2's.
- Click on the green "Next Step" button on the tool bar and go through the verification. It will be several clicks of the "Next Step" button to complete.
- Click "Agree" to the "Important Notice" and click the "Next Step" button one more time. Click "Process" then choose "Print Your Own" in the next window and click "Continue".
- Click "Continue" until you get to the "Print Employee Copy", then click the "Print" button.
- In the "Print" window, open it in the "Preview" program by clicking on the PDF button and selecting open in "Preview".
- Locate the W-2 for the employee and you can then print using the setting to print Pages XX to XX.
- Once you have printed it, click "Cancel" in the window to return to the W-2 screen and then quit out of the Form Viewer.
Read more about W-2 eFile pricing for Aatrix Payroll Reports.
FAQ: How do I print the W-2's without "Records Copy" across them?
FAQ: Can I process W-2C's through my payroll program?
Learn about how to report non-tax items on W-2's.
Read our guide on printing alignments for red SSA W-2 and W-3 forms.