Search Our Knowledgebase (Mac)
It is possible to post your payroll that is done in Aatrix on a Mac computer to Quickbooks for Windows.
If you converted your Quickbooks for Mac to Quickbooks for Windows, and have not made any changes to the Chart of Accounts then:
- In your Aatrix Payroll program, go to the Aatrix menu in the far upper left corner on your monitor screen and select Preferences.
- In the window that opens uncheck to box Direct Link to QB 5.0 or greater.
- When you process payroll the program will export the payroll when you get to the second step to Post Payroll, click Post All Checks.
- You will receive a message that your payroll has been exported, click OK.
The export file will be located in your Documents folder, in the Aatrix Top Pay/Paycheck/Ultimate Payroll folder and will be called Aatrix Top Pay Export.iif.
Using a flash drive or a network connection, transfer the Aatrix Top Pay Export.iif file to your Quickbooks Windows computer and put it on the desktop. You can also transfer the file using email if you can access email on your Windows computer.
If you are running Quickbooks for Windows on the same computer as you run your Aatrix Payroll program you can simply drag and drop the file onto the desktop of your Windows computer.
Open your Quickbooks for Windows and import the file by going to the File menu, then Utilities and select Import from IIF files. Then select the file from your desktop to import.
If you have made changes to the accounts that payroll posts to in your Quickbooks for Window, for example you have a new bank account to post payroll checks to:
- In your Quickbooks for Windows program and go to the File menu, select Utilities, and then Export to iif files to export your Chart of Accounts list
- Using a flash drive, or network connection, transfer the exported Chart of Accounts list to the desktop of your Aatrix Payroll Computer on the Mac. You can also send by email if you can access email on your Mac computer.
- If you are running Quickbooks for Windows on the same computer as your Aatrix Payroll program you can simply drag the file to the desktop of your Mac computer
- From the main Payroll Navigator screen click on Quickbooks Links in the lower left.
- Click on the arrow to the left of Designate Account Links to expand the window.
- Click on the Import Chart of Accounts button and navigate to the desktop, select the Chart of Accounts file you put there and click Open.
- Make any necessary changes to the Links.