Search Our Knowledgebase (Mac)
Question: I would like to process the first payroll for the New Year before the end of the current year. What do I need to do to have the paychecks properly reflected in the new year?
- Go to "Pay Employees" and enter the January 1st date as the Pay Period Ending date.
- When the program looks at Year To Date Information it looks at the Pay Period Ending Date that is entered.
- If the date is for the current year it will look at current Year To Date payroll information in the payroll program and pull in accordingly.
- If the date is for the new year it will look at current Year To Date payroll information and again pull in accordingly.
- After you have selected all employees to be paid and click "Print/Record Selected Paychecks" you can then enter the correct Pay Period Ending Date.