Search Our Knowledgebase (Mac)
Question: If I find a mistake on a paycheck after they have been processed can I just make the correction on the check in Pay History?
Answer: Making changes to a check in the "Pay History" records may cause problems when you file your Federal and State Forms.
- If the employee has received and cashed the check, it is not advisable to delete the check.
You will need to make an adjustment on the next check. For assistance contact support at 701-746-6017 or by email at email@example.com.
- If the check has not been given to the employee, it isrecommended that you delete the check for the employee from the program and reprocess it.
To delete the check:
- Go to the "Employee Information" screen, select the employee from the list and click on "Pay History" on the top tool bar.
- From the "Select Check Date" dropdown menu choose the check date to be deleted from the program.
- Click on "Delete Check" on the top tool bar.
In the "Delete Pay Period Options", be sure to choose to delete the check for this payday for this employee only and click the "Continue" button.
- Go to "Pay Employees".
- When you are asked if you are rewriting an earlier check click "No" and reprocess the check for the employee.
- If you have already posted the payroll checks to Quickbooks, you will need to post it again.
Before you post it go into your checking account in Quickbooks and delete the payroll checks as they will all post back over again.