Search Our Knowledgebase (Mac)
Question: When posting payroll I get a message "The EIN does not match the company in Quickbooks". How do I fix that so I can post my payroll?
Answer: For your payroll to post to Quickbooks the Federal EIN entered in both programs needs to be exactly the same.
- In your Quickbooks program, delete your Federal EIN and reenter it.
- In your Payroll program, go to the Company Information window, delete the Federal EIN and reenter it.
- Go to the "File" menu and select "Save".
- Click "OK".
- Quit out of both programs and reopen them.
- Post your payroll to Quickbooks.