Search Our Knowledgebase (Mac)
The IRS now requires a digital signature accompany the 941 and various other Federal forms when eFiled.
- When processing the 941 Form and clicking "eFile", the following window will open.
- Click the “Click Here to Sign” box.
- The 941 Signature Selection window will now open up.
- If you already have created a signature, click the box I want to select an existing signature assigned to a PIN, select the signature from the drop down menu, enter the PIN for the signature and click "OK".
- If you have not created a signature yet, click the "NEW" button and then click "OK".
- Sign your name by holding down your mouse click, to write your signature in the window as best as you can.
- If you need to start over, you can click the "Clear" button in the lower left corner to start again.
- When you are satisfied with the signature, click "Accept".
- Enter the Name and Title for the signature created.
- Enter the PIN using four digits and make something that you can easily remember.
- If you forget the PIN for the signature, it cannot be recovered and you will need to set up a new signature.
- Click "OK".
- The signature will appear in the "Forms Signing Tool" box.
- Click "OK" to continue on and open the eFile Client to eFile the form.