Search Our Knowledgebase (Mac)
Question: How can I get a backup for payroll on external device for safe keeping?
Answer: Follow the instructions below.
- With your payroll program closed open your hard drive and go into your "Documents" folder.
- Go into the "Payroll Backups" folder located there.
- Highlight the folder with your company name on it.
- Go to the "File" menu and select "Compress", or it could say "Create Archive Of", this will create a copy of the folder with an extension of ".zip" on the end.
- Copy the zipped file to the desired external device.
You can also use the Time Machine® program that is already installed on Mac computers. It creates a complete backup of your computer automatically once set up. An external drive or backup location is needed.