Search Our Knowledgebase (Windows; U.S.)
If you have employees with foreign addresses, you can print or eFile their W-2s using the W-2 Preparer.
Follow these steps:
- Enter the W-2 Preparer from the Forms Selection screen. Select the W-2 form listed and select to process the report.
Note: Please note the process option may vary depending on your payroll software.
- Complete the Company Setup.
- Continue to the W-2 Preparer.
- The employee data will then populate into the Preparer for editing and review.
- Start by clicking on the Country Code to adjust to any foreign country.
- Next, click on State/Providence to select the required location.
Note: Only CA and US come with a prepopulated Providence selection window. All other countries will be required to type out the State/Providence.
- The following rules apply when entering foreign addresses for applicable employees:
- Country Code must be selected from the drop-down menu.
- State/Province cannot be blank.
- Zip/Postal Code can not be blank and must use the correct format.
- Address Line 1 can not be blank.
- City can not be blank.
Once the information has been verified, continue through the W-2 Preparer. The W-2 forms will then be displayed for final review utilizing the data provided.