Search Our Knowledgebase (Windows; U.S.)
To access the eW-2 Wizard, there are two (2) ways to start this process.
- (1) The first screen is accessed by going to the History or existing forms in your payroll software.
- Once the History is open, select the W-2/W-3 Record copy of the filing. Select the report, and then click Edit. This screen is called the Dashboard. Here, select the radio button beside "eW-2 Password Lookup" and click Next.
- The next screen will have the option to either email the employees the eW-2 passwords, or print them off to hand it to them.
- (2) The screenshot below shows the options available after eFiling the W-2s.
Here you can click Yes, take me to the employee email selection screen and then hit Next. This option is also accessible after eFiling the W-2s through the History.
- The next screen allows you to search for employees or show all employees. Select the employees who are getting the eW-2s. Once the employees are selected, hit Next.
- Enter the email address that you would like the emails to be sent from.
Note: If your email server cannot be accessed, you will have a chance to enter in information to get connected. Some email servers may view this process as spam and will block the emails from being sent. Check with your email administrator to see if this can be adjusted temporarily or have the email whitelisted for this process.
- A test email will be sent to the email address entered previously. Once the email is received, select Yes you have received the email and hit Next.
- On this screen, please enter in the Contact Name that you want to appear on the eW-2 access letter sent to employees.
- On this screen, select the Send Now button. Please note that emails will be sent in bulk of 5 employees at a time to avoid email servers viewing it as spam.
- Once the progress is complete, please select the Next button.
- The emails have been sent successfully. You can now select that you are finished or print the access letters.
- If finished, the next screen gives instructions on how to get back to the history to access the eW-2 Passwords. Click Finish to close the process.
- You are now done sending the information to the employees for their eW-2s. Please note that their username is their SSN (Social Security Number), with no dashes, and the password is generated by the software.