Search Our Knowledgebase (Windows; U.S.)
The state of New Jersey has specific formats for W-2 Wage and Tax Statements, regarding the proper reporting of Unemployment Insurance, Workforce Development/Supplemental Workforce Fund, New Jersey Disability Insurance, and Family Leave Insurance.
New Jersey requires specific names for their additional state taxes.
- FLI = Family Leave Insurance (state or private plan)
- SDI = Disability Insurance (state or private plan)
- UI/WF/SWF = Unemployment Insurance/Workforce Development Partnership Fund/Supplemental Workforce Fund
- NJPFLI = NJ Private Family Leave Insurance
- NJPDI = NJ Private Disability Insurance
There are different acceptable means to report these taxes on W-2s. The following examples will show how these tax items will show on the Aatrix W-2 Forms.
Here is an example of a W-2 for an employee that contributes to the standard State DI and FLI plans, as well as UI/WF/SWF.
- The DI and UI/WF/SWF information will appear in Box 14.
- The FLI information will appear in Box18, Box 19 (amount) and Box 20(name).
Here is an example of a W-2 for an employee that contributes to Private DI and FLI plans, as well as the state UI/WF/SWF plans:
- Both of the Private Plan account numbers will appear in Box 14.
- The SDI, UI/WF/SWF amounts will appear in Box 14.
- The FLI amounts will appear in Box 18, Box 19 (amount) and Box 20 (name).
- Since Box 14 only allows for 3 items, this employee will have two (2) W-2s to account for all the information needed for Box 14.
Here is an example of how to correctly assign private plan information for SDI or FLI to Box 14 on the W-2 forms: