Search Our Knowledgebase (Windows; U.S.)
If you have eFiled a Federal Tax Deposit Coupon through Aatrix:
Once an EFTPS PIN has been established, you can make the payment before 3pm Central Standard Time for a settlement date of the following business day.
- Example 1: You would like the payment to be withdrawn from your account on Friday (settlement date), therefore, submit the payment to us before 3pm Central Standard Time on Thursday.
- Example 2: You would like the payment to be withdrawn on Monday (settlement date), therefore, submit the payment to us before 3pm Central Standard Time on Friday.
Dates that are considered a federal holiday are not counted as a business day.
If you have NOT eFiled a Federal Tax Deposit Coupon through Aatrix:
If you need to make a deposit for the Federal Payroll tax liability, select the form "Federal Tax Deposit Coupon", EFTPS Form 8109. Use this to make 940, 941, 943, 944, and 945, electronic payments.
- The first time making a payment deposit through Aatrix, we need to establish an EFTPS PIN with your bank account information. We are required to do this even if you already have an EFTPS PIN, as we also need one to eFile on your behalf.
- The processing time to transmit the information and receive the PIN from the IRS may take 4-5 business days. Aatrix recommends that you allow for those business days when scheduling the first deposit.
- After the PIN has been established, you can then file before 3pm Central Standard Time on the business day prior to the settlement date (See above, If you have previously eFiled a Federal Tax Deposit through Aatrix).
- If the company is a Next-Day Depositor (see note below), we recommend that you submit a deposit in the amount of $1 immediately to establish the PIN so we can process the deposit immediately.
Note: $100,000 Next-Day Depositor - If you accumulate $100,000 or more of taxes (that is, line 10 of Form 941 or line 9 of Form 944) on any day during a deposit period, you must deposit the tax by the next banking day, whether you are a monthly or semiweekly schedule depositor.