Search Our Knowledgebase (Mac)
First, you would need to export your chart of accounts from your Quickbooks program:
- In Quickbooks, go to the "File" menu and select Export and to the right choose "List to IIF files".
- Select "Chart of Accounts" and click "OK".
- For the "Save As", enter "COA" and save the file to the desktop.
Now that you have exported your chart of accounts, you will need to import it into the payroll program:
- From the main "Payroll Navigator" screen, click on "Quickbooks Links" in the bottom right.
- Click on the arrow to the left of "Designate Account Links" to expand the bottom part of the window.
- Click on the "Import Chart of Accounts" button.
- in the window that opens, navigate to your desktop, select the "COA.IIF" file you saved there and click "Open".
To change the bank account your payroll posts to:
- In the "Existing Links", box at the bottom of the window locate the link that starts "Net Pay Credit to" with the name of the old bank and highlight it.
- To the right, click on the "Unlink" button to remove the link.
- Above, in Box 1 Payroll Variables, choose "Net Pay".
- To the right, in Box 2 Chart of Accounts, select the new bank account.
- To the right, in 3 Entry Type, select "Credit".
- In 4, click the "Link" button.
- In the "Existing Links" box, scroll to the bottom and verify the last link on the list is for "Net Pay" as a "Credit" to the new bank account. Click "Done".
- When payroll is posted, it will now post the paychecks to the new bank account.