Search Our Knowledgebase (Mac)
The new OR STT, effective on all paychecks issued on or after July 1, 2018, is deducted from employee wages at a rate of 0.1% on all Oregon Wages.
Payment for the STT tax is made quarterly with a payment voucher and an annual reconciliation report is due each January for the year just ended. Both will be included in the Print & Mail Reports once they have been approved by Oregon for submission.
To set up the new Oregon STT deduction in your payroll program:
- Go to Payroll Items and on the left side where you see your employee names click on "Employee List Settings " in red at the top of the list.
- To the left under "Deductions" in red click on the "NEW" box.
- From the "Type" drop down menu choose "Training" -- Although technically it is not a training tax, choose Training for the Type as it will then show up on the payment voucher and annual reconciliation report for the Oregon STT
- From the "Calculation Method" drop down menu choose "Percent of Gross"
- In the rate box below enter 0.1
- If you post your payroll to Quickbooks choose the Liability Account under the "Accounting Links" to post the STT tax to
- Click OK to create the OR STT deduction