Search Our Knowledgebase (Mac)
Question: How do I set up to track the available time employees have for Vacation/Sick/Personal?
Answer: Once you have set up the "Income Item", you can set payroll to keep track of the available hours employees have for Vacation, Sick and Personal Time.
You will need to know how employees earn, or accrue, their hours available, for example do they earn 40 hours per year on Jan 1st, or they earn X hours for each Pay Period or for Y hours worked. All are set up in the same manner and the steps below go through setting up the available Vacation Hours.
- From the "Main Payroll Navigator" screen, click on "Human Resources" and in the next screen click on the "Paid Time Off" tab.
- Select an employee from the list.
- From the "Type" dropdown, select "Vacation".
- From the "Link To", select your "Vacation Pay" Income Item you set up.
- If employees earn/accrue X hours for every Y Pay Period or Hours, enter them under the "Accrue" section. As the employee is paid during the year hours employees earn will be added to their Available Hours as specified.
- If employees earn X Hours on Jan 1st or on their Anniversary, then click the "Options" button below "Accrue".
- Click on "Increase Hours Available" and enter the hours to be added into the "Available Hours" and from the "On" menu choose when to have the hours added to their "Available Hours".
If there is a maximum amount of hours any employee can have available then click the "Available Hours" should never exceed and enter the amount.
When you have finished, click "OK".
- In the "Available" box, enter the hours the employee has available now, then click the "Save" button on the tool bar and repeat for employees as necessary.
During the year, the "Available Hours" will be decreased when an employee uses vacation and increase them based on their accumulation method set up.