Search Our Knowledgebase (Mac)
When processing your Liability Payments you can use the same checkform that you use for your regular payroll, or you can use a Liability Checkform.
- If you use your regular payroll checkform, it will print the payment amount and leave the stubs blank.
- If you use a Liability Checkform it will print the check and show the breakdown of the items and amounts included in the payment on the stubs.
Reprint a Liability Payment to verify the alignment of your Liability Checkform:
- Go to the "Manage Liabilities" window, click on "View Register".
- Select a "Liability Payment" in the register and click "Edit Entry".
- Click on "Reprint" and select your Liability Checkform.
- Reprint the check on plain paper.
- Hold the printout over your check and verify the alignment.
If it needs to be aligned:
- In your payroll program, go to the "Employee Information" window.
- Go to the "File" menu, select "Checkforms".
- On the list to the right the one that has the check in front of it will be the checkform you use for your payroll checks.
Select your liability checkform that you use.
- Go to the "Utilities" menu across the top of your monitor screen and select "Check Designer". This will open a template of your checkform.
- Go to the "Edit" menu and choose "Select All". This will place dots in the corner on all items on the checkform template. If you only need to move one item click on it to select it.
- Using the arrow keys on your keyboard, move the information in the needed direction to align it to your checks.
Note: Approximately 10 to 12 clicks on an arrow in one direction will move the selected information about 1/4 inch.
- Once you have finished moving the information go to the "File" menu and select "Return to Payroll".
- When prompted save the changes.
- Go to "Manage Liabilities" and from the register reprint a liability payment again on plain paper to verify the alignment. If more alignment is needed repeat the steps above.
- Once you have it aligned, go to "Employee Information". Go to the "File" menu and from "Checkforms" select your regular paycheck checkform.